IN STORES THIS WEEK!
In this week's issue of the prestigious UK industry Music Week there is a free CD with Music Week's choice of the 11 best acts from the 2004 South by South West Festival in Austin Texas. Included on the CD is 'What You Owe' by The Have.
The track listing is:
1. On Top - The Killers (Las Vegas, NV)
2. 10 More Minutes With You - Kill Hannah (Chicago, IL)
3. Lost In The Plot - The Dears (Montreal, QC)
4. Dreams - TV On The Radio (New York, NY)
5. Soul On Fire - Rose Hill Drive (Boulder,CO)
6. What You Owe - The Have (Wanganui, New Zealand)
7. LikeYou Know - Film School (San Fransisco, CA)
8. Only Son - The Peels (San Francisco, CA)
9. Never Said Anything - The Beles (Kansas Cty, MO)
10. It's Your Party- The Lashes (Seattle, Wa)
11. In School - Runner & the Thremodynamis (Boston, MA)
'What You Owe' is the new single from the upcoming 7 track mini album due for release in New Zealand on May 3rd. The video, shot by Adam
Jones at Zoomslide has been serviced to TV this week.
The Have will be performing at the Radio Broadcasting Awards on May 1st and then hit the road for 2 weeks with Pluto on a school tour for NZ Music Month. At the end of May they travel to New York for an industry showcase.
The 'mini-album' contains 7 tracks that showcases their growth over the last 2 years. It contains a couple of the very first songs The Have wrote back in 2002 (Out Of Reach), through to a few newer songs (Monday through Friday). It features the singles 'Right On', 'The Fuzz' and upcoming single 'What You Owe'.
'Right On' was used in an X-box Television Commercial, as well as on a Canterbury Commercial that was played in Rugby Stadiums in NZ. Canterbury has just extended the rights for Australia - and the commercial is being screened right now in Australian football stadiums during the Super 12's.
Leading up to the March performance at South By South West, the A&R Worldwide Network in Los Angeles endorsed The Have and not only touted them as 'one to watch' at SXSW, but have sent the 'mini-album' to influential US radio PD's, Record Company and Publishing A&R Managers, and bookers. Consequently "The Fuzz" has been added to 103.1 in LA and spot played on several other US radio specialist shows. Their SXSW showcase was heavily attended by UK and US music industry people including Carson Daly, Steve Lamacq, Zane Lowe, as well as A&R from several record companies.